Thursday, June 20, 2013

3 Things That Turbadiesel Movies Should Accomplish (Part 1)

As editor-in-chief, I have several high level goals that I would like to accomplish with Turbadiesel Movies.  I believe that these goals are essential to the success of the website.  These goals have been molded by my personal experiences and frustrations, as I searched the web for similar services in vain.  My hope is that others have experienced the same frustration, and will appreciate Turbadiesel Movies for providing what they've been missing.

  1. A place where the nerds among us can gather in judgement-free peace and share opinions
One of the worst things about the internet is other people.  A quick scan of the comments section of any mainstream website will prove my point.  If somebody disagrees with your opinion, it seems to be protocol to hurl insults at you instead of telling you they disagree.  I want Turbadiesel Movies to be a place that those willing to question the status quo can voice their opinion and start a civil discussion with somebody disagrees with them.  For example, Prometheus was one of my favorite films of 2012.  I would never waste my time saying that on any of the relevant web sites that I frequent, because I know I would get verbally destroyed without a chance to make my case.  My vision for Turbadiesel Movies is this: I watch a movie and hate it.  I write a scathing review and post it to the website.  Our readers are split 50/50 on whether or not the movie is any good.  A civil discussion of the pros and cons of the movie are discussed in the comments section.  Will anything be accomplished?  Probably not.  People don't like to change their minds, but it's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment