Thursday, June 27, 2013

3 Things That Turbadiesel Movies Should Accomplish (Part 3)

The conclusion to my three part series on the high level goals of Turbadiesel Movies.  This final goal is the "original" goal, if you will.  This is the idea I had that originally made me want to create a site like this.

  3. Multiple "professional" opinions in one location

I mentioned this in a previous post, and I consider it to be one of the best aspects of our reviews.  We have not yet decided how to deliver this feature, but it is our highest priority right now.  Of course, the word professional is a stretch.  We're just a couple of guys who really like to nerd out about movies, but the concept remains the same.  The format that we're currently learning towards is one main article with annotations in it.  For example, +Caleb Sauder will write a review on Nacho Libre, and praise it for how chubby and delightful Jack Black is.  Right or wrong, this will cause him to lose credibility in the eyes of anybody (such as myself) who doesn't like Jack Black.  This is called ethos in rhetoric, and while it is impossible for us to appear credible to everybody all the time, I would prefer not to lose readers just because a reviewer's opinion caused the site to lose credibility in the eyes of the reader.  Using our proposed method of annotating reviews, the disgruntled reader will be able to hover over the section of text that another reviewer chose to annotate, and read my reply, outlining why Jack Black should stick to singing and never appear in another movie again (maybe a cameo in Anchorman 2, but that's it).  This feature will hopefully accomplish three of my low level goals for Turbadiesel Movies (and for life):
  1. Discredit +Caleb Sauder - only good can come from this.
  2. Establish ethos for myself - a nice perk, but less important than number one
  3. Maintain the credibility of Turbadiesel Movies as a whole
This wraps up my three part series on my goals for this site.  As always, feel free to email us at turbadieselmovies@gmail.com with any comments or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment