Friday, June 28, 2013

Get to Know Us

I've posted quite a bit in the week since I've started this blog (at least it seems like a lot to me).  To make it easier for potential readers to skim past the fat and find the posts that they actually want, I'm doing a quick round-up of the posts that help you get to know us.

This was a quick little post about who I am, as well as a brief overview of what Turbadiesel Movies is about.    I tried to quickly explain my vision for Turbadiesel as editor-in-chief, and why I feel like it applies.

3 Things That Turbadiesel Movies Should Accomplish Series
In these posts, I explained the three things that are most important to me in starting this site.  These are our high-level goals as a group, and what we hope will be the reason that people choose us over other reviewers.

Goal number one is "A place where the nerds among us can gather in judgement-free peace and share opinions."  It angers me how poorly people tend to argue.  I don't believe that people are unable to make strong arguments - although many can't.  No, I believe that the root is in people's counter arguments.  One enlightened person will try to make a genuine argument, and is then mobbed by weaker minded individuals who earnestly believe that the purpose of argument is to make somebody else look stupid, not to gain knowledge.

Part 2
Goal number two is "Efficient way to access information quickly."  I'm a student with a job and (sometimes) a social life.  I'm always busy, and sometimes I just don't have time to do things.  Reading movie reviews is a pretty low priority of mine, but I still want to know whether or not I'll enjoy a movie before spending money on it (I'm a college student, remember?).  This goal is all about our quick movie factor ratings.

Part 3
Goal number three is "Multiple professional opinions in one location."  I never read just one review for a movie I want to see.  If I read one from a person who hated it, I go look for another reviewer who liked it and vice versa.  Not that we want readers to only look at our reviews, but this should make that process easier on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment